Barotse people must be free to associate and assemble not just as UPND and PF, but must also be FREE to assemble as Linyungandambo, BNFA, BI, BNYL, etc for peaceful activism!
Stop defrauding the weak and the poor!
Stop stealing from the public treasury to enrich yourself at the expense of the poor who now have no proper healthcare because you have depleted the national treasury!
Rend your hearts and not your garments!
You legislate and make laws to exclude minorities instead of protecting them!
A just constitution protects and includes rather than excluding and suppressing those you do not like or those who are fewer than you in numbers!
Stop thinking that God will be impressed by your self-righteous postulations on the so-called day of prayer and fasting!
How about the day of justice to the poor, the widow, the oppressed and marginalized of society!
Who have you reconciled with since you started? Have you reconciled UPND with PF?
TO YOUR POLITICAL RALLIES, YOU CARRY GUNS INSTEAD OF IDEAS!
WOE UNTO YOU! REPENT!
Have you reconciled with the people of Barotseland?
Have you set FREE the three Barotse you jailed in Mukobeko maximum prison for politically motivated crimes!
Afumba Mombotwa, Inambao Kalima and Likando Pelekelo are not criminals but peaceful political activists who did not seek to use violent means in pursuit of their political goals!
You unilaterally abrogated an agreement which you signed in 1964 with Barotseland and Britain but now you arrest and kill the Barotse who merely seek to remind you to honour the agreement you signed with them!
What kind of Christian nation are you that does not keep its vows and agreements?
May the word of the Lord through Isaiah below speak to you as you fast.
TRUE FASTING ACCORDING TO ISAIAH 58: 4 - 14
4. Your fasting ends in quarrelling and strife, and in striking each other with wicked fists. You cannot fast as you do today and expect your voice to be heard on high.
5. Is this the kind of fast I have chosen, only a day for a man to humble himself? Is it only for bowing one's head like a reed and for lying on sackcloth and ashes? Is that what you call a fast, a day acceptable to the LORD?
6. "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
7. Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter-- when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8. Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
9. Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. "If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10. and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.
11. The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
12. Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.
13. "If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD's holy day honourable, and if you honour it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,
14. then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob." The mouth of the LORD has spoken.
All scriptural references are in the NIV unless otherwise stated.